top of page
  • Is the Center for Relational Care (CRC) contracted with any health insurance providers?
    The Center for Relational Care is considered “out of network” for all insurance companies.
  • Can I submit CRC statements to my insurance as an “out of network” expense?
    Depending on what your out of network coverage provides, your insurance company may reimburse for sessions you have paid for. We suggest that you contact your insurance provider for more information on eligibility. Since all of this is done through your insurance, CRC can not guarantee any reimbursement.
  • Does CRC offer a “sliding scale” or reduced fee option to assist with the cost of counseling?
    Our well-trained graduate student interns and post graduate interns offer counseling services at lower rates. You can also apply for “special needs” financial assistance if you have a hardship. Let your counselor or the Intake Coordinator know if a lower fee is needed.
  • Does CRC accept walk-in appointments?
    CRC counselors are not typically available for walk-in appointments. To schedule an appointment, please complete the Appointment Request form: Austin Appointment Request Form Atlanta Appointment Request Form If you are experiencing a mental health crisis, you may call: Travis County: Psychiatric Emergency Services (PES) at 512-472-HELP (4357) Williamson County: Bluebonnet Trails Crisis Hotline at 1-800-841-1255 Children: UT Health Austin Pediatric Psychiatry at Dell Children's assessment hotline 24/7 at 512-324-0029 If this is an emergency, please call 911 or go to your nearest emergency room.
  • Do you offer weekend appointments?
    Some counselors are available for weekend appointments. If this is something you are interested in, please ask your individual counselor or the Intake Coordinator.
  • Can I schedule an appointment for someone else?
    You may schedule an appointment for a minor (<18 years of age) if you are a legal guardian. Anyone over the age of 18 years will need to schedule an appointment for themselves.
  • Are your offices wheelchair accessible?
    Yes, our main office is located across the hall from the building elevator. Our other office locations are located on the ground floor and thus wheelchair accessible.
  • What can I expect before and during my first appointment? How long should this appointment be?
    For the first appointment, we recommend scheduling an hour and a half. This ensures that you have enough time to go over paperwork, talk about your goals for counseling, and develop a treatment plan with your counselor. Before the appointment, you will be asked to complete Intake paperwork. Payment is collected at check-in.
  • I have never engaged in counseling before. What else do I need to know?
    Your counselor will begin by getting to know you in order to define your current counseling needs and partner with you to develop a plan that serves you. Together you may determine that your needs are more immediate and short term, but sometimes longer term patterns and experiences are surfaced which may require longer term work. Regardless, your counselor will seek to collaborate to determine what best serves you.
  • Do CRC counselors provide psychological evaluations or prescribe medication?
    Psychological evaluations are provided by licensed clinical psychologists and psychiatric medication prescriptions are provided by medical doctors. Neither are part of CRC’s staff of counselors.
  • What are the different licensures?
    Graduate Student Intern A Graduate Student Intern is a therapist who is currently enrolled in a master's or doctoral degree in counseling or a counseling-related field from an accredited college or university. They are working towards completing 300 hours of counseling in a supervised practicum experience. Post Graduate Intern: Licensed Professional Counselor Intern (LPC Intern) or Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist Associate (LMFT Associate) A post graduate intern is a therapist who has received a master's or doctoral degree in counseling or a counseling-related field from an accredited college or university and has 2-3 years of experience. Post graduate interns are supervised by CRC staff members who are board-approved supervisors. Therapist: Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) or Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT) An LPC/LMFT is a therapist who 3-5 years of experience. Senior Therapist (LPC or LMFT): A senior therapist at CRC is a licensed therapist who has 5 or more years of clinical experience.
  • What are all those letters after the therapist's name? (Description of additional certifications)
    CFLE: Certified Family Life Educator Family life education focuses on healthy family functioning within a family systems perspective and provides a primarily preventive approach. The goal of family life education is to teach and foster knowledge and skills related to communication, human development, decision-making, self-esteem and healthy interpersonal relationships to enable individuals and families to function optimally. EMDR: Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) therapy is an integrative psychotherapy approach that has been extensively researched and proven effective for the treatment of trauma. A clinician who is EMDRIA Certified in EMDR has completed a training program in EMDR therapy, conducted clinical sessions in which EMDR was utilized, and has received consultation by an Approved Consultant. IMH-E (II): Infant Mental Health endorsed, Level Two The Endorsement credential (IMH-E) supports and recognizes the development and proficiency of professionals who work with or on behalf of infants, toddlers, and their families. Professionals with IMH-E have participated in specialized in-service trainings, worked with guidance from mentors or supervisors, and acquired knowledge to promote the delivery of high quality, culturally sensitive, relationship-focused services to infants, toddlers, parents, other caregivers and families. RPT: Registered Play Therapist Play therapy is a model wherein trained play therapists use the therapeutic powers of play to help clients prevent or resolve psychosocial difficulties and achieve optimal growth and development. An RPT has had supervised clinical mental health experience utilizing play therapy as well as play therapy specific instruction. SEP: Somatic Experiencing Practitioner Somatic Experiencing (SE) is a short-term naturalistic approach to the resolution and healing of trauma. SE employs the awareness of body sensation to help people “renegotiate” and heal their traumas rather than relive them. With appropriate guidance with the body’s instinctive “felt sense,” individuals are able to access their own built-in immunity to trauma, allowing the highly aroused survival energies to be safely and gradually discharged.
bottom of page